It's that time of year when football is back in season, and going to games and enjoying the fun is a staple. If you're someone that has a season pass or is planning on visiting a few games this fall, you may be considering tailgating beforehand to hang with friends and eat good food.
If you're planning on tailgating this season, remember the following safety tips to ensure that your plans go smoothly:
- When arriving to the stadium, be sure to drive carefully and safely while navigating through other tailgaters. Watch for kids and other pedestrians walking around.
- Make sure that you have a cooler on hand for all of your meats and perishables.
- If you're planning on cooking meats, be sure to keep raw meat separate from other snacks and wash any utensils that touch the raw meat.
- Be safe when cooking meat by bringing along a meat thermometer. Meats should be cooked according to foodsafety.gov standards.
- Use caution when grilling and make sure that grills are turned off or coals put out before leaving your vehicle for the game.
- Stay hydrated and take care of yourself by using sunscreen and consuming responsibly.
Remember these safety tips for your next tailgating trip and have fun!